Credit card donations can be made online at: http://arizonastateparksfoundation.org/donate.html
Please direct your donation to us by typing in the comments box: “Friends of Lost Dutchman State Park.”
Checks (made out to the Friends of Lost Dutchman State Park) can be mailed to:
Friends of Lost Dutchman State Park
P.O. Box 5292
Apache Junction, AZ 85178-5292
All donations are tax deductible.
Why should I donate to the FLDSP and not just directly to the park?
Funds that go to the FLDSP stay in a reserve account set up specifically for the Lost Dutchman State Park; other donations do not, they are spread among the parks or used at the state’s discretion. Also, purchases through the FLDSP are not subject to the state’s procurement procedures… the park needs it, we get/do it for them.
YOU CAN HELP MAKE THE PARK’S WISH LIST COME TRUE
- Thirty picnic tables need to be resurfaced or replaced. You can help get one or all 30 done by funding or donating services.
- The park needs a utility vehicle and trailer for the maintenance and improvement work that goes on every day. The park covers 292 acres, there are 134 campsites, 3 large day use/group areas, and about 25 miles of trail serviced by only 3 full-time rangers and a handful of part-time/volunteer staff. They’ve picked out the E-Z-GO – Terrain 250, gas powered… let’s get it for them, donations of any amount accepted for this one.
- Do you know the important role that golf carts play in the management and upkeep of our park? The rangers need two, new or used in good condition, to help transport themselves and often park guests in need. With 292 acres to cover, these mighty little carts help the rangers do a lot. Can you donate one, or can you help us raise the funds needed to purchase them (about $6k is needed for 2 carts)?
- Help with interpretive trails and signage. Interpretation connects visitors to the resources of Lost Dutchman State Park in a way that develops in them an understanding of their surroundings, leading in turn to a greater appreciation for the resource, and ultimately, a sense of stewardship. Donations will be used to design and create signage for the trails.
- Outdoor gym equipment. The proposed gym equipment would contribute as a recreational resource, providing not only leisure to our visitors, but an awareness of and motivation towards health and wellness benefits as well. Donations will be used to purchase and place the equipment in the park.
- Upgrade and enhancements to the kids interpretive experience in the park. Donations will be used to create a colorful and educational mural and other enhancements along the kids trail.
JOIN THE FRIENDS
By becoming a member you can make a difference in the park. FLDSP members are ambassadors of the park, we reach out to our community to build partnerships and cultivate relationships important to the growth and sustainability of the park. Board positions are also open. Use the Contact link and fill out the form to get more information, please include “Membership” in the subject line.
SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS (we can’t thank them enough, but you can, please dine and shop with them/visit them)
Mining Camp Restaurant
Brown Bear BBQ Specialists
East Valley RV Specialists
Goldfields Ghost Town and its Merchants: Blue Nugget, Motherlode, Siphon Draw Apothecary, Zipline, and of course, Mayor & Mrs. Schoose
Handlebar Pub & Grill
Superstition Mountain Museum
Ace – Apache Junction
Fry’s Super Store (Eric, Linda, and the crew at the wine/beer bar shout out!)
AJI Sporting Goods
BevMo (SanTan Location)
WalMart (Apache Junction Store)